Tuesday 13 May 2014

CRM 2013 Generate Custom Action as Early Bound

I really love to use Custom Action, it opens my mind to extend xRM Platform capability and make my job for Integration and Dynamic job easier.
I can use Action for Integration Message make it as single verb and key integration single point, and also can utilize this to combine my logic and show error message.
Because of that, I think I have to include custom action to my custom development, and sometimes, Early Bound is making my life easier.
Here is the steps you to generate Custom Actions as your Early Bound class library.
1. Download CRM 2013 SDK
2. Using CrmSvcUtil.exe


Generate Early Bound Custom Action


3. Define your own Server URL and Output file (location and namespace).
Don’t forget to add this parameter :
/generateActions

4. Here is my complete commands as example :


CrmSvcUtil.exe /url:"http://aileengusnidev:5555/contoso/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc" /out:"../Crosscutting/BaseContext.cs" /domain:mycrmdev /username:administrator /password:mypassword /serviceContextName:"BaseContext" /namespace:TFP.Xrm.Contoso /generateActions




Remember you can save this as .bat file, so every time you need it, just run it!

For smart way, you can refer to this link : http://aileengusni.blogspot.com/2014/05/crm-sdk-smart-way-to-use-crmsvcutilexe_13.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aileen Gusni

Aileen Gusni